Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Last day as a 50 year old, 8-1

and I should be a lot skinnier because we have been working our asses off the past three weeks. We are so tired of all of it that now we can't even appreciate our progress. The floor was finished today, but there is so much dust everywhere from sanding and sawing and we are still so busy that we didn't get the ah ha I thought we would. The finish work was less than stellar...yet again the lack of attention people take with their jobs...the floor is gorgeous, but wet towels, trash left behind, trim not attached or taken care of, glue on the floor...etc.

I painted trim and the windowsill in my green room...I love, love, love the color! So glad I changed it! Then I spent the rest of the day painting doors...front and back and two coats on most to cover the dark colors. Larry painted closets, put vinyl flooring remnants in the bottoms of the cabinets under sinks, painted trims and did lots of other miscellaneous things. Larry removes the doors from their hinges, takes off their handles and after I paint them we are stacking them in the green room with cardboard between them (leaning them against the wall) so they don't mark each other up. The carpet installer would be removing them on Monday anyways.

We have a list of things to take care of tomorrow. We still haven't ordered the stove or dishwasher and I'm thinking of spray painting the door hinges...I'm so tired of shiny brass, but to replace them all would be expensive.

We had a visitor last evening...Daryl, Larry's boss stopped for the night here on his circuit through the area. He spent the night in his camper and this morning we had a lovely visit on the front deck until he left...it was a lovely break. I learned from him what to do with our star thistle...burning it would be best, but California frowns on that, so we need to pull it. Most of our lot has very little and by pulling we'll keep it under control and where there is more we'll hopefully eventually keep it from getting worse...it is a nasty weed.

I had fun "chatting" with our seven year old grandson Ian on Facebook this evening. He has to read and learn the key board to reply to me so good practice for him...though he isn't exactly chatty even on the phone, so this route isn't very hard, one word answers...ha ha ha.

Off to bed early again...has to be done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You two are so busy - lucky you are still young (ha ha) because just changing Motorhomes drove me crazy. I am never moving again.

Anyway, we are outside Groveland at Mike's family reunion and since we have spotty wi-fi, we wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Since today's blog is not posted this early, I am posting MY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you on August 15th!!
Love to you both..............