Monday, August 30, 2010

Hmmmmm 8-30

More of the same today, just taking care of a lot of little things.  Larry is working on getting power and lights in his shed and getting it organized still.  I did more weed eating....two batteries worth today and I did down the side of the road that goes through and to the two houses in the court below us.

Larry was on the phone with Direct TV for an hour....yet again he had to deal with ineptness.  Last week he called to set up having a new dish on the house and our service transferred...a service they claim to provide when moving.  Larry called about a new receiver today and in doing so discovered that the bozo he had talked to created a new account...which in turn created a gigantic mess in which Larry talked to many different people, going through the story and then dealing with the silly people trying to sell him more channels....I am really surprised we aren't going to Dish after all that...ha ha ha....frustration after frustration.  He said it was enough to ruin his day and I told him only if he let it.  It is what it is and solutions need to be found and then move on...grousing about how bad this or that is doesn't change it...just puts ya in a bad mood....so we moved on.

We went into town to shop around for a computer desk...no go.  We had lunch at the newly opened "Original Mel's Diner" which I enjoyed and then on to more shopping.  We scoped out the one furniture store in Auburn and didn't really find anything that struck us, went to Target and found a real inexpensive bookcase for extra storage that I needed in my art room and then it was back to H/D....I stayed in the truck this time...I didn't need anything.  Larry came out with a spiffy red sports car...a new gas push mower...we think we have too many slopes and hilly spots to make a riding lawnmower practical.

The rest of the afternoon and evening we just worked away at the little stuff that still needed doing.  Hanging the towel racks in the guest bathroom and Larry assembled the bookcase and the lawnmower and I unpacked, cleaned and put away my crackle glass collection...I also started getting some stuff on the new shelves in my play room.  I've got the pictures placed in the guest room, they just need to be hung.

Tomorrow we plan on emptying the trailer into the house and officially move in and sleep and eat in our beautiful new space!  Hopefully the cabinet people show up to fix the stripped out hinges on four of our new cabinet doors to Larry's satisfaction...annoying detail.

No comments: