Saturday, August 07, 2010

Getting closer.... 8-6

Today was a non stop day of painting.  The first one really, not side tracked with other stuff like sanding or finding more holes to fill or Larry having to fix something or other.

I started about 8, Larry had already been at it for about 45 minutes and he had most of the guest bath cut in.  I started on my art room, the only room a different color....the palest sage green I could find, I had gotten used to cutting in the primer and smooshed the wall color up onto the nice painted white ceilings...I tried wiping it off but it'll need to be touched up.  I made a point of reminding myself about that and I still did it...fixable.
We are cutting all the rooms first so when Larry starts rolling he can just keep on going until he's done.  Cuts back on the clean up and waste.  I'm terrible with a roller... I never get enough paint on it or if I do I don't reload it often enough.  I hate seeing two people's work in a room...mine would show up really bad against Larry's.

So here is my sage green art room, it'll be nice with the trim all white around the floor.
 So we painted a couple of hours, the around 10 we had breakfast...and then I went to the grocery for a few things and by 11 was back painting.  We didn't quit again until almost 3:30 for a dinner break and then on until 6.
Look the beach/ocean scene that was on this wall is gone now....can't even tell it was there!  So the guest bathroom, art room, Kitchen/dining are all painted.  Tomorrow the guest bedroom, family, living, and master bedroom should all get done.  Then the trim and doors get painted and we'll be done....with the painting!

Tonight from our front deck we were joined by two deer, a doe and her yearling spike...she keeps trying to shoo him off and then a turkey waddled through.  The turkey is roosting in one of the pine trees above the house.  I am really hoping the neighbors dog is quiet tonight.  We went to bed really early last night...but that freaking dog woke us up about 3 or 4 times.  We just can't understand how people can't hear their own dogs.

No comments: