Monday, August 02, 2010

Color choice, Take Two 8-2

So here is Larry painting his loft room...ha ha ha !!!! Hey at least it is inside! That is the old owners color he is priming over...and the second picture was our first color choice....that we have since repainted over! Pictures of that later.

The whole picking paint color makes both of us crazy...the color we chose we felt was too peachy/pink and if I had picked the color right next to it, which I had x'd oddly enough we might have been okay according to the lady at the paint store, but after painting the laundry room and still not loving it this morning it was back to town.


Larry kept on with the priming and the prepping while I picked up the new paint. Oddly enough we had a huge savings on the color we chose this time...a closeout. Today the laundry room was repainted and we got the kitchen done except for the baseboards. WE love our new color and it will be a lovely backdrop for all the new flooring and cabinets and I can bring in the color with the stuff we hang on the walls and decorate with.

I have about 20 colors of Fiesta ware so the kitchen needs to be neutral so I can constantly change up my dining color schemes! I picked up doing a nice table and cut flowers on the table from my Gramma Chrissie and I am looking forward to being able to do that again soon.


Another day of hard work, being tired and hot...it was 100 today, but we have adapted pretty well and haven't felt the need for the a/c and it is nice we can leave it all open to air out and dry the paint. Lovely living in the trailer too and not having to breathe in fumes all night. We are both looking a little creaky right now...ha ha!

No comments: