Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Last pre-moving day 8-18

Larry was up at 5 again...he was hanging the doors, changing the door knobs and hinges from shiny brass to satin nickle...he had to do some routing to make them work.  He also loaded up for the dump and touched up paint.

I was outside around 8 and I started pulling up star thistle, when I had a large garbage bag of it, I decided to move onto another chore that needed to get started.  I did an hour or so of weed eating.  I went through two batteries and I had to quit...which was okay by me...I was getting tired, I have to build up my weed eater swiping muscles, but the areas I did look so much better, just a bazillion more sections like I did today.  Oh, I pruned some trees and a lilac bush out front and with the wire fence off the deck and Larry pulled the chicken wire off of the bottom of the deck and the place is starting to look tidier and cared for.

Then it was off to Shingle Springs to the dump...these transfer stations as they are called are kind of fascinating...but only if I can observe from inside the truck with the a/c running...they stink!  They are hives of activity with all the sorting that is done nowadays...not like when we would just drive up the mountain of garbage and just scoop ours out with everyone elses...there are areas for yard waste, metals, household garbage etc.

Then it was a stop at Wally world where I found some curtains and a few other things and then onto Placerville's H/D where we were able to get the rest of the blinds for our windows.  I am going with 2" wood look white.  Then it was back home...where we did more cleanup in preparation for moving our stuff in tomorrow...mopping floors, etc. 

Up at 5 tomorrow to head for Fallon!  We need a vacation!  Ha Ha Ha!

No comments: