Friday, August 13, 2010

Getting Closer!!! 8-13

Another productive day. Larry painted trim as long as his bruised ribs would let him and I cut in my art room with my lovely new spring fern green color. It made the sage green color look really blue...no wonder I didn't like it...I just have never liked blue walls or interiors...I got my fill of that back in the 70's. Larry started rolling it when I finished and we ran out of paint, but I just drove into town to get more and we finished it up. I told the paint guys I hoped I never saw them again...ha ha ha! We just have some trim to do and all the doors, but they are smooth and we can knock them out with my new spiffy roller, so we are hoping to finish it up tomorrow and clean up the construction zone.

The cabinet people showed up before 0900 to switch the cabinet door that was opening the wrong way and trim out the microwave shelf. Not too long after our new flooring installer...the owner and his boy showed up and got busy. He was joined by the younger installer from yesterday and they might have finished it all except for a nail gun malfunction, so it needs to get trimmed out still. It looks stunning!!!! I might share a picture of my art room if I get the trim finished so you can see the bright new color.

BUT, because we are so close to being done and you have seen most of the materials and things are still dirty and messy...no more pictures until after the carpet goes in! It pains me as much as it pains you...you know how much I like to share, but I want you to have the "AH" moment of seeing it all clean and put together...hmmmm, no I won't make you wait until we get the furniture in...ha ha ha.

Larry's boss Daryl is here for the evening with his camper and trailer...he wanted to stop by and check Larry's trailer for something, so it was nice to visit with him and take a break.

No comments: