Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lovely Maple & Lights 8-10

Everything turned out okay today.  The owner/installer called right at 8 to find out what the problem was because they had never been called about the quality of their work...blah, blah, blah.  When they showed up Larry and he went around over a few things, but everything was fixed to everyone's satisfaction.  Later I discovered a door had been mounted on the wrong side...opens the wrong direction and there needs to be some trim around the opening where the microwave is going, but they look WAY better than they did when we bought the place.







Larry got most of the light fixtures installed today and the back door finished/trimmed out and the sink put back in the laundry room.  I painted baseboards and window sills, did assisting with Larry's projects so he didn't have to climb up and down the ladder, I fixed/rebuilt a windowsill with wallboard mud and just did general clean up.  Oh and I hammered in two nails for Larry while he was pulling the board into place with a crowbar...I did a fine job I might add.  We are getting closer and closer to finishing...woo hoo!  There will be some tweaking to be done, but we are just trying to get all the big stuff done and get moved in sooner rather than later.

OH and no barking dog...I forgot to mention that yesterday Larry had a chat with the owner, so we had our quietest night here so far...I slept better than Larry did with his sore foot, I even slept another hour and a half after Larry went in the house to start working at 0600...ahhhhh.

No comments: