Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Shopping and moving along 8-11

I didn't take any pictures today. We got to get out of our paint clothes because we were going to town. This house has been a work/construction zone since the beginning and it felt weird to be in the house in regular clothes. Larry was up at 6 and busy inside again.

We had another light fixture to pick up, the guest bathroom counter/sink combo thingy to order, the mini blinds for 9 windows, two doors and lots more stuff. A basket and a cart day again at the local H/D. Oh and we picked up a weed eater, it'll be too light weight for the thistles but will get most of them...

On the way home we made a stop at the paint store...I hate the color of green I picked and we painted my art room...it is a pale sage green, but is dull and depressing, so I came home with a brighter springier green. We'll see how it looks in a day or two when I get a chance to get it on the wall.

Larry did the plumber thing today, besides getting the laundry room all reassembled. We painted the rest of the trim in the kitchen and laundry room because the flooring comes tomorrow. I'm not sure we'll know what to do when it is time to finally go get our stuff! This is feeling like a career!

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Val, what a nightmare!! Think what it would have been like if you were doing it without Larry!

However, it IS beautiful...what I can see. I love your choice of laminate...the color and shadings are great.

Hang in there, it will be worth it once it'd done, I'm sure. I just cannot believe what an ordeal it has all been...first one thing and then another.