Sunday, August 08, 2010

Walls are Done 8-8

 Today we accomplished our goal of getting all of the walls painted.  I was delayed getting started, so by the time I got inside Larry had almost finished painting the guest bedroom.  He wanted to know if I wanted to go to Auburn for more paint.  The room had sucked up two gallons of paint and he was concerned we were going to fall way short.  The store is closed on Sunday, so we just figured we would not meet our deadline, but as it turned out we had enough for all four rooms with a whole quart and a half of paint to spare!
Our morning visitors, a Quail Family, Mom, Dad and 7 chicks

I cleaned the trailer before painting, we track in a lot of weeds and dirt and we can't neglect our home of the past 6 years just because it is being replaced :)
Saw this little guy crawling on thr porch railing.
I can't wait until we get done with this painting...I've had swollen eyes the last couple of days from the fumes...I must be a lightweight because Larry seems fine...either that it is trying to be so careful with the cutting in...straining my eyes.  I slow down on my paint application like I am painting the Mona Lisa or something instead of getting the paint slopped on like Larry does.  Now we just have all the baseboards, door trim and doors to get painted. 
Here are the Mama & her fawn eating the fruit off of our fruit trees.
 
We are taking a day off from painting tomorrow...we have a huge list we have to get at the Home Depot replacing just about anything you could think of...outlets, light fixtures for most all the rooms and tons of other things I won't bore you with, but we'll be there awhile.  We have to decide on a riding lawn mower and weed eater too to get these weeds cut...we haven't been able to find anyone to cut them for us so we'll have to get to them when we get the time...they and their stickers drive us crazy.



Cabinet refacing begins tomorrow!  Can't wait to see how this process works.  By this weekend the kitchen and dining room should be DONE...woo hoo!
These last three pictures are part of our weeds that didn't get cut.

This has turned out to be a huger undertaking than anticipated.  I just want to say that I am just sharing what we have been up to and hopefully haven't come off as complaining because believe me...we are grateful to have found this place and are able to have the time to make it our own.  So if I've been whining I apologize, my usual sparkling witticism may have been dampened by the sweat running down my back in this freaking heat while inhaling toxic fumes that stupid kids seem to think is a fun entertainment in some circles...ha ha.I started to take pictures of the work we did today, but forgot when I got sidetracked with helping Larry clean up our messes in just about all the rooms.  I swept along all the baseboards to so we wouldn't be brushing up dirt when we paint them, more tedious prep.

No comments: