Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What a Beautiful, beautiful day! 3-30

A stunning day.  I went to town to get big bags of compost for the planter boxes and then to the nursery to get a few more rose bushes and two clematis vines.
One of the new roses all leafed out.




Larry got the fencing strung between the poles in the one planter box for my vines.  I got a white one and a red one and then across the center I am going to plant sweet peas this year.  I am using the fence to help support gladiolus too, which I will hopefully get planted tomorrow.  I turned one of those big bags of compost into the soil first and then got the clematis planted...
The bare root roses need to catch up.
It was in the mid 70's today and we had the house open until dark...woo hoo!  We had a laugh at the turkeys today...three females were sauntering through and then we saw the male following along and the girls kicked it up to a jog and then a run...they were soon out of sight....I don't think the gobbling is working for the boy.


The white is on the left and the red on the right...can't wait for them to grow and bloom!


The pear tree popped in the sunny warmth today.

No comments: