Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rainy Day and 48 years 3-10

Today Larry "Energizer Bunny" was out digging more holes.  He was getting the bench supports attached to the rose arbor and he wasn't happy.  I went out to see what the progress was and noticed the bench supports were at an interesting angle.  Larry was very unhappy...measuring, checking square, they were great and then somewhere along the line the posts twisted...  Now the artist in me said just leave it, its interesting, it isn't a bridge and isn't going to fall apart.  The engineer/designer in Larry wasn't buying it and was talking about digging up posts.  I was trying to save him the hard work...but it didn't work.  He was soon digging up two of the posts and getting everything squared again.  I guess I can't blame him...I have ripped out afghans and scarves when I have discovered missed mistakes.  I am trying to get over that somewhat because no one else but me would ever see it and it doesn't make the blanket or scarf any less functional. 

After a late breakfast we were back outside figuring out the placement of more roses so the holes can get dug and it started to rain....it was really cold this morning too....odd, it was about 50 but felt a lot colder.  It rained a lot harder than expected, though that didn't stop Larry from digging a couple more holes.  The days work was done....Mother Nature was dumping rain again.

Today was the 48th anniversary of my Dad's murder and the LAPD's Emerald Society Pipe Band played graveside to honor his memory and service.  It saddens me that in today's news the death of a police officer or one of our troops isn't considered news worthy, yet we are inundated with reports and stories of the meltdown of the current Hollywood addict.  Sorry state of affairs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Valerie,

I never met your father (I'm closer to your age than his). For many years I have had March 10th marked on my calendar. I offer up a prayer for Ian Campbell and for you and your family.

Pete Ruggiero