Thursday, March 03, 2011

Just some views 3-3

Woodpecker at rest
I've been in front of this computer quite a lot the last few days.  Monday we went to Roseville and did the Walmart/Costco shopping.  After we got everything put away I got started on Lori's birthday celebration blog...took a lot of time and work pulling and cropping pictures and then getting them organized and posted.

Santa Rosa plum flowers
Yesterday I did research all day on my bareroot rose order.  I was saddened to learn that Jackson & Perkins had filed for bankruptcy last year, so I did some research into their history...it looked like after Harry and David sold them off to the investment group that also owned Park Seed Company in 2007 was the beginning of the end.  Jackson & Perkins has been around since 1872 and their product has always been phenomenal.  I ordered my first rose garden from them when I was in high school for my parents yard.  Every home we've had I've done a rose garden with J & P roses....that would be three.  But they are still doing their mail order so I am giving it a go and hope they manage to stay afloat and that being acquired by Weeks doesn't bury them forever.  Any way I decided to go ahead and place my order and look forward to getting the order and getting them in the ground.  You will of course be kept informed :)

We are putting in a trellis and bench for climbing roses in the garden using fence poles that were used for fencing that we took out and using the two by two's that were the deck rails that we changed out...recycling.   Larry treated the ends of the posts that are going in the ground and got the holes dug and the posts set. 





When I was a little girl this would have looked like a place for Fairys to live

This quartz rock is on a path and look at the little plant growing from a little pocket of dirt in the rock...which I didn't notice until viewing the picture on the computer...it was taken with my telephoto lense.

Muscari (grape hyacinths) just getting started

As the days lengthen and the sun changes trajectory it again comes through the kitchen window to make rainbows.

the Junco took off as I snapped this pic of the Dove

I did a bunch of little domestic goddess type things today and caught some sunshine and pictures.  I don't carry my camera around with me every time I stick my nose outside...and sadly I miss some good stuff...today it was 5 bluebirds taking a bath in a puddle, they were fun to watch.  Spent some time out in the garden with Larry consulting on the rose garden.

So today's pictures are just things that caught my eye today...it is usually the way the sun slants through something that grabs my attention.

No comments: