Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sunshine!!! 3-22

Lovely, lovely sunshine today.  It was cold and breezy but we didn't care.  We took a walk while Seth rode his bike.  Later Larry walked with Seth up to our neighbors property to show Seth where the water came out of the ground that fed the big pond up the hill that fed our little stream.  I walked around to assess the damage from the hail.  The daffy's were shredded and an iris plant was broken by a small fallen oak branch, I was happy to see that the rose leaf buds were okay, but the underneath of the pear tree was littered with blooms and buds...boo hoo.  Time will tell if we'll get any fruit, Larry and the squirrels will be keeping an eye on it.

Poor pummeled pear blossoms
It was another video game day...but I must say I was improved over yesterday...hahaha.  Larry and I actually made it alive through a couple of levels.  Seth is pretty good as giving us instructions.  Sure works the brain and the hand bones...neither Larry or I ever think to play video games when the kids aren't here.

I made some killer brownies tonight...it was an ooey-gooey chocolatey kind of day...I held off as long as I could!

Larry talked to a few locals in the past week and this is the worst winter in about 25 years.  We've experienced a lot of worsts since we left Chester in '04.  Here we've gotten over 30 inches of rain so far this winter...and it isn't done yet



No comments: