Monday, January 11, 2010

Hello! 1-11





I don't have much to share today. We went and looked at a new listing today and re-visited another, we just aren't finding what we were looking for so we wait and in waiting second guess ourselves and re-evaluate our wants...which is exhausting and drives one to chocolate, chips and salsa and....you get the picture.....laugh!
These are Seth's scarfs that are going in the mail tomorrow and my tanned Hunk of Burnin' Love otherwise known as Larry.
Foolishly I haven't been sharing the materials I used on my scarves with you fellow knitters. If I get crazy one of these days I might go back and edit the directions into my older postings...just don't hold your breath!
The camo scarf was knit with size 10 needles and the yarn is a Hobby Lobby brand worsted weight green camo ombre...100% acrylic. Sixteen stitches cast on and I worked it in a classic basketweave pattern, which with this yarn didn't show up very well. In the yarn I used for Ian's a couple of days ago...it self-striped, using all the same info, just a different color yarn and the basketweave showed up better.
The black/gray fuzzy scarf here I used size 15 needles and cast on 10 stitches, knit in the Garter stitch (knitting every row). The yarn is Joanne's Sensation brand called Angel Hair and I just knit all of them until I had the length I wanted...anywhere between 43 and 47" for the boys.

1 comment:

Juanita said...

I'm curious about the kind of yarn (brand) you're using and the size of the needles. I find that I get a very different look depending on the needle size. Your scarves are really beautiful! I just finished a scarf and hat set for a grand niece....but I knitted it the long way and so the stripes were lengthwise....alas, didn't take a picture since I got rushed to get it into the mail. Darn!