Sunday, January 17, 2010

Big Yellow Balloon 1-17










A lovely sunny day again, though we didn’t spend much time outside. I was sludging along on about 3 hours of sleep and lacked any motivation to go anywhere or do anything. I was sooo tired and couldn’t sleep…yuck.

I looked out the windows as I opened the blinds and I saw this yellow balloon off in the distance. It appeared to be coming our way. I wasn’t sure how close it was going to come to us because it would lower almost to the ground and then soar back up again. At one point I thought it was going to drift into power lines, but it zoomed straight up and then continued floating along. It was so quiet we could here its burner. It landed somewhere just down the street from here, we didn’t feel inclined to drive over to see where it ended up.


We have been here a month already…time is flying by! I started my granny square afghan today and I had to do intense investigations to figure out the color coding. So I had to pull on the reading glasses and look at the picture of the finished product and figure out the color order in a couple of the squares so I could figure out which letter designation went with what color of yarn and there are ten different colors. A very frustrating omission from the pattern and then it took me time to make up a swatch…the pattern is easy to follow, just classic granny, but I usually have to use a smaller hook so my work comes out to gauge…which I had to end up doing here. Now that all this has been done I have completed the first square and now have 29 more to go and they are 10 ¾ inches square. I love this yarn…I have never seen it or used it, Red Heart Soft and it is truly soft, in beautiful modern colors and it has a lovely sheen to it, I cannot wait to see this all finished! I’ll be making more stuff with this yarn. I ordered on-line from Jo-Ann’s. I’ll post pics as I go if I remember.

No comments: