Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blah 1-10

Its a wonder we human animals manage to get through life at all. We are affected by what we eat, by our fitness levels, by our water intake, by what we fill our brains with, by temperature, by weather, by atmospheric pressure and last but not least...planetary lineup.

Night before last I hardly got any sleep and for some reason didn't even take a little afternoon snooze yesterday...went to bed last night, all was right in my world, fell right to sleep and slept like a log. Then due to something from the previous paragraph being out of whack I woke up blah and out of sorts...it's like...what the hell? Was I wrestling angels and demons all night or solving the worlds problems in my dreams? I was worrying about silly things and I wasn't even out of bed yet...I just hate days like this, but I'm lucky enough that whatever this is, it doesn't last more than a day. I really feel for people that feel this way every day...blah...blah....blah.

What happens on days like this is I either do nothing or I get crazy and do something silly like decide I am going to cut my own hair. I haven't had my hair cut since October, I was starting to feel like Ralph...the cartoon sheepdog with coyote and roadrunner, so out came my scissors and comb. I did cut my bangs and was gonna quit then started on the part framing my face, looked pretty good and....then I stopped...I was on the edge...I almost started cutting all the rest of it, but I stopped. Who knows how good or bad it may have turned out...I may find out if I don't find a hair stylist down here one of these days! It looks okay, far better than it did and I can quit shaking the marbles around in my head trying to get the hair out of my eyes. Next it'll be magic markers to start hiding all the gray that has appeared since my last "conditioning" treatment ;-).

We had sunshine today, we drove around and walked around near one of the properties we are considering to get a feel for the area. We then headed into Alamogordo to Super Walmart for groceries. Larry stayed in the truck this trip...his foot is really giving him grief. The store was hopping busy, but still everyone was really nice and considerate. We had one of Walmarts take and bake ready made pizza's....really pretty good, lots of toppings and the sauce has pretty good flavor, for dinner after we got home.

It clouded up again just before sundown which is well after 5 p.m. now...woo hoo.

1 comment:

Juanita said...

I think we all have days like you had .... and we just have to get through them. What a waste of time, but then I guess we don't have much choice. Well, we do have choices, but what I mean is, for me, sometimes these 'blah days' come out of nowhere and try as I might, they are just to be lived through. I find myself forcing me to look forward. Thinking, "I will be more careful what I put into my mind, my body, my life".