Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Booms 1-20

Windy, windy, windy today...rained some this morning and then the sun came out, at least it has been warmer and not freezing at night.

Larry's foot is slightly easier to walk on but still pretty painful..still don't really know whats wrong but my sister suggested it might be plantar fasciitis.

This morning I made an appointment for a haircut this afternoon...finally, it has been 3 months...way too long, I was feeling like a sheepdog. We went to Applebee's for dinner and then Larry dropped me off at the hairstylists. Larry went and thanked our Realtor for all his help this past month. We have decided to move on, this just isn't the place for us right now.

I really like my haircut, Larry was outside waiting for me and was talking to my cousin Darcy (you remember from 3 years ago, bad accident, Houston) on the phone, she is getting married this year. She is very excited, she was proposed to at the Eiffel Tower in Paris, perfect for my fairytale cousin! We are really happy for her.

Then we stopped at Walmart for groceries and then back home. I only finished about 2 squares today on my afghan.

Jeez, we were scared out of our hair this evening and I just spent $43 getting it cut (pricey, its what I get for not asking when making my appt.) ...sonic booms from the F-22 Raptor...it is so loud and boom, boom, boom and the whole place vibrates...I actually felt the floor of the trailer move up to my foot...your brain doesn't know what's happening right away...is it an explosion, earthquake, ???, you just don't know in the first instant but it is shocking. Then about 30 seconds later a second...I wonder how the animals react to the sonic booms...horses, goats etc.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay for Darcy! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

DSoundsthisplace will make you very jumpy, to say the least. And moving on and exploring more options is never a bad idea.
I, too, have become an avid blog reader of the Moniz Travels, having my little tethered cell phone internet access. I read it every morning and today, I read it out loud to Mike, just the way Marty does for mom. Oh my, do I see a pattern here?? Love you both and Larry, please take care of that ankle!