Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fun Day 7-27

First thing this morning I spotted the twins and their Mama out back.  The doe's don't mind us, but the babies are skittish, I was able to slink out the sliding door and stand on the deck and get a bunch of pictures of the little family.  The babes have grown really fast.











"Are YOU looking at ME?"
Then it was out to the garden to check out everything.  There is a mole out there wreaking havoc with the ground in the garden...I am sick of the mounds of dirt it pushes up...moles don't hurt the plants, they are just after worms, but mounds all over the place are a pain.  I'd like to put down bark in the paths but the mole would just keep making a mess of everything.




I took the time to get more hummingbird pictures and I picked zucchini.  Yesterday they seemed too small and today they were bigger than I usually like...  While I was buried in the zucchini plants the UPS showed up with my new purse!



I love this idea.  Michelle turned me on to them.  You buy the basic purse base and then you pick and buy a shell.  It attaches by magnets.  They are MICHE bags and wonderful.  You don't have to change your stuff from one purse to another, you just change out the shell.  You can go from casual to fancy in two seconds.  I got the mini which is a very small purse, but perfect for me.  I just carry the basics, I don't cart around make-up, a medicine chest, or tools.  Deciding on what shells you want next seems to be the hardest decision.
We spent some time down in the meadow enjoying the breezes again and watching the turkeys and jack rabbits.  Larry dug the beginnings of a squirrel nest or stash out of the Cadi's engine compartment...I saw the little bugger jump up in there the other day.
















Today's zucchini side dish was spicy saute.  Sliced them up and then sauteed them in olive oil and spiced up with Mrs Dash's Extra Spicy, Cumin and Cayenne...they were really yummy...had a little ranch dressing with them to cool them down a tetch.  These days it isn't what to fix for dinner...it is how to fix the zucchini and what are we going to have with it.  In a few weeks I imagine I'll have the same problem with tomatoes.  Sadly we don't have anywhere to put a freezer.







No comments: