Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bread 7-30

Today I made zucchini bread for the first time in a bazillion years, it turned out really good, froze one loaf.  We had breakfast on the deck with Mom and then she and Larry went through a pile of old pictures figuring out who was who...again, if you have piles of your pictures you haven't put peoples names and dates on...DO IT NOW!  While you have your memory!  I puttered in the garden a bit...harvested zucchini...there's a surprise and watched the birds antics.  One California Towhee commandeered the largest bird bath for his own personal bathing tub and chased off any other birds stopping by for a drink.  At one point the fight turned violent...jeez.  Also the hummers were fighting each other all afternoon and one even took out after a butterfly...crazy birds.  A deer was studying on the garden today...I even caught her making her way around to the gate while I was at the other end of the garden....one of these days I'm going to look up and there will be one in there with me.  I don't usually latch the gate closed while I'm in there working.  It was a warm day but a tetch cooler than yesterday.  This is a series of hummingbird pictures from today and notice the little hummingbird claw scratches on the gladiolus flower in the last picture.
 




No comments: