Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Puttering 7-6

We were off to Placerville first thing to get the oil changed in the truck and drop something off to a friend.  Mary, we found the seat belt clips at Walmart...my neck forever thanks you!  Oh, Aunt Millie, I forgot to tell you that when Darcy was here I passed on some of those books that I knew I had already read.  She likes the same stuff we do and she said to tell you thank you.

After we got back home it was already hot so I didn't do too much outside beyond take pictures and watch the animal antics.  I saw a baby praying mantis...I only noticed it because its bright green self was crawling across the brown dirt and I saw it move...it was about half to three quarters of an inch.  They are creepy but fascinating and very beneficial to my plants.  The single fawn and mama were in the yard and baby was right next to the garden fence and studying on my roses, which had mama doing the same.  Later we saw the twins and their mama across the street and those two were being funny, crazy babies...so cute.

I spent quite a bit of time on the computer today.  After an event like the 4th of July my photographer friends were posting pictures on facebook and we were blabbing back and forth...it is a fun forum for artists to share with each other.  I have a new artist friend too, Susan Johnson, whom I've met but don't really remember and she is a natural artist.  She says she just discovered her talent after taking an art class and I'm still not sure I believe she is a beginner!

I posted a bunch of pictures of the yard on facebook because a couple friends wanted to see it and as it has been almost a year now since we've moved here I put in some before pictures, but I'll have to do it here tomorrow.  I am heading off to dreamland and I took a bunch of pictures again today that I have to go through and resize for posting and my beauty rest is more important!  Not to mention I am brain dead and saying "and" a lot here...hahahaha...bye!

No comments: