Saturday, July 16, 2011

Loving this weather! 7-16

It was very coastal feeling again this morning.  I ran errands in town and then fertilized the 30 rosebushes.  It is the last time this season I'll have to do it...yay!  I only got stuck by a thorn once.  I worked on my garden table some more and took a bunch of pictures while sitting out in the garden relaxing with a book.  Today I was drawn by the light as always but also wanted to show the texture and heaviness of the petals and textures.  This crazy hummingbird sat on the top of a yet to bloom gladiolus flower and kept poking its beak down into the closed bud.  I took a whole series of pictures of it, I even got a couple with its eye closed as it blinked, I'll have to weed through them before posting them.
Picked these beauties this morning, they smell so sweet.

Blabbing away.



Such a velvety red.





So many graceful curves.


No comments: