Friday, February 11, 2011

More Orchids & Sunsets 2-11

Our day got off to a weird start around 5 a.m..  Funny sounds woke Larry, water gurgling, we used the bathroom and I flushed the toilet and.....no water.  Well, he had to get dressed and go outside and investigate because of course with all the trenches in the front yard he was afraid something was broken out there. 

When he didn't come right back and I was wide awake anyhow I decided to call Lori...I knew she would be on her way home from work.  That was pretty funny, because as I never call at that hour and she did the time calculations as the ringtone was going she was afraid that something horrible had happened....I gave her heart a good work out.  It was almost as much fun as startling a cat!




We eventually figured out that something had happened downline somewhere and took ourselves back to bed.  I heard the water come back just after seven.  We both felt out of whack the rest of the day and Larry took the day off...we did wander around the garden area and figure out the watering system.

I decided to take pictures of my yellow orchid with the same light that I did with the pink one yesterday...got a bunch of good ones.  Then as the sun was setting I could see it was pretty but almost didn't get myself up and out the door...I was glad I did...stunning colors.






 

No comments: