Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cold 2-24

First I have to say Happy Birthday Auntie!

Today was cold and cloudy and about four in the afternoon it started raining and has been going hard ever since.  Supposed to turn to snow by morning...I'll let you know :)

Today I worked all day on my painting.  I "finished" it last night, but I still didn't like the middle of it.  This painting business has been quite the process for me and I am still learning about myself because of it.  Even at my advanced age I still have strong programming from school...when I am taught something I try my darndest to get what I've been taught BUT art being art there is not a wrong or right way and though there are rules made all over the place by artist/instructors the beauty of art is in the creation and the vision of the artist and ultimately in the eye of the beholder.  So after not getting the center of my painting to work the way I was invisioning it I decided to break the rules of the purist watercolorists and I used WHITE paint and basically white outed the center so I could get it to do what I wanted.  Woo hoo!  Now I am happy with it and it is DONE.  On to the next one.  I learn a lot with each one I do, about the paint, the paper, brushes and the process and I am finally ENJOYING the process.
near the beginning

The center colors were too strong/warm

So I lifted them back out



muddy crappola


toned down the red hearts and white gouache

Happy finally...it looks better in person.

No comments: