Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Not much 2-9

It was a burn day today so Larry torched a pile on and around an old pine stump he wants gone...it was pretty wet in the center and it wasn't a huge hot pile to start with so it may not burn out as well as the last one he did.

I decided to head out to civilization today without my chauffeur.  I had a big bag of books to donate to the Friends of the Library, my books to return and I of course came out with another pile to read.  I stopped at another place and made some enlargements of a few of my pictures and then I went on up the road to the art store...love that place and then groceries, a latte and then back home.  Everyone I ran across today was very nice and helpful...though I gotta tell you, watch out when driving in and around Auburn...there are some crazy, dangerous drivers around here.

After I got back home and got everything put away I made a killer yummy veggie pizza on a sprouted grain pizza bread...YUM.  Larry was digging trenches and holes out in the garden area in preparation for the irrigation.  Looks like we have a massive gopher out there.  While he was busy doing that I got his digging bar and dug around at the burning stump so more air could get down to it and burn more of it out hopefully.

These deer here are so used to us they are startling me instead of the other way around.  I was walking to the mailbox the other day and the deer were walking towards me because they wanted to cross the driveway instead of away from me in fear and tonight I was walking out to the shop and watching where I was putting my feet as it was dusk and I looked up and there was a whole gang...seven deer standing and grazing not 15 feet from me...they just kept on doing what they were doing.  I am used to deer taking off like a shot when they see people...which our herd does do when strangers show up.
Doesn't look real, but it is.


 

No comments: