Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Happy February 2-1

I can not believe an entire month of this new year is gone already!  And three days have gone by since I've blogged...poor you. 

Early Sunday morning it poured rain many times...once for almost an hour it was a deluge that kept us awake and in less than 12 hours we received 1.75 inches of rain.  I deemed it a pajama day and then after noon the sun started peaking through and it never rained the rest of the day.  Hard to stay inside in your pajamas when the sun is out...dang it.  When we lived in the mountains pajama days usually lasted the entire day...gloomy, gray, snowing and snow on the ground kept me from wanting to go do anything outside.












Yesterday was a town day.  Larry needed to go to Home D. for lumber for the deck ramp and rails, I needed to get to Safeway and we both needed to get to the library.  Sadly we were at Home Depot for over 2 hours.  Larry picked through the lumber pile and it was all crap so he asked them to get down another pallet, which he had to wait for 45 minutes for them to get to it. 







I had shopped in the garden center while he was busy and found another orchid and then I spotted the primroses and sweet allysum so I decided to get some to pot for our deck table and then I decided to get a hummingbird feeder because the hummers have been looking for flowers and I got birdseed for the other birds.  After getting back to the truck I settled in and read 50 pages of one of my library books, he was in there a LONG time and I was starting to think I was going to have to go look for him, when he appeared finally.  Then it takes awhile to get it all loaded and tied onto the truck...having a shortbed truck with a toolbox in it is like not having a truck in Larry's book...he can't haul much with it.  Then it was onto the grocery store and then home.

Today's projects
Today Larry worked on dismantling the old ramp and set upon building a better, wider, safer ramp.  I potted up the flowers and it was surprisingly warm in spite of the breeze.  I made a wonderful chicken/vegetable stirfry for dinner and gave Larry a massage...gotta keep my worker happy and healthy.





flowers all potted up

No comments: