Thursday, February 10, 2011

working & orchids 2-10

This morning was back to being COLD again...at least it's not the minus digits that Lori is having back east.  I know that when my bathroom floor is cold that it is in the 30's and this morning it was cold!  But it was a sunny pleasant day and we worked outside most all day. 

Larry finished staining the rails and I ended up raking leaves from all over the place to keep the stump hot and burning.  I moved rocks and transplanted a bunch of iris that the former owners had scattered about.  Larry also dug more trenches in the garden, the more we do the more we find to do...

Then while resting inside I noticed the light on my orchid and Andrea mentioning she liked the red curtains behind the orchid in yesterdays pictures got me thinking, I knew I could do better.  Sometimes I think, how many pictures of X do I really need, but it takes so many and in a lot of different lights and settings before you get the "money" shot.  I got a few of those today.  I used a different setting on my spiffy new camera and actually used my tripod...novel idea, using my tools and these are a couple with the silhouette setting on the camera.  I'll share more tomorrow, but this is the difference between pointing and shooting and taking the time to set up the shot.  This was just natural light throught the window...nothing fancy.

No comments: