Sunday, February 06, 2011

Scrub Jay 2-6

Today was beautiful.  I told my sister Lori out there in frozen Ohio that I wished I could send her a bottle of the air from here today.  It was fresh, sun-warmed and sweetly scented with the manzanita flowers.  We are going to be colder and rainy this weekend so I just enjoyed it as much as possible.  I found myself just standing in the sun and the breeze watching the pines sway and listening to whatever sounds I heard.  Beyond cleaning the floors and the bathrooms that was about it for my day.  I carted a chair up the hill into the shade when it got to hot on the deck...with my book, a blueberry muffin and a cup of coffee and just enjoyed our little piece of heaven...while Larry painted away on the deck rails.  He is the superior painter so I am "letting" him have all the joy for himself...that is my story and I am sticking with it...hahaha.  Big eye roll from him....and maybe a derogatory comment or two...:)

I tried out the motion setting on my camera today with this Scrub Jay.  He and his partner finally discovered the birdseed I have thrown out the last few days.  The frogs haven't been croaking twenty four hours non stop the last couple of days.  There have been stretches during the day when you don't hear a frog anywhere.  Tonight though I went out after dark and the sound was deafening...every frog was serenading from all directions, you couldn't hear yourself think.  I imagined the Louisiana swamps sounding like this not the foothills of California.




Get out of my way!

No comments: