Saturday, June 05, 2010

Yosemite 6-5

Change of plans happened today. I thought we would be staying home and I would get all my LA blogs done, but I read that today and tomorrow the National Parks were having free admissions so we decided to go see Yosemite.





Neither of us had ever been, which seems kind of odd for two Californians...the stories of the crowds have always put us off. I guess after having just survived Los Angeles we figured how bad could Yosemite be?

It was a beautiful day and we were awed by the vistas and very glad that we had gone. It had more meaning to me knowing that my Dad, 60 years ago, had worked there one summer after he had graduated high school and played his pipes with nature as his audience. Can you imagine hiking somewhere above where he was playing, you can't see him, but can just hear the haunting skirl of the pipes bouncing off the canyon walls. Wow.






So I took over 200 pictures and have to weed them out before I show you my favorites and I still have to share all our adventures on Wednesday and Thursday. I'll get to it all don't worry.






The waterfalls where gushing with all the snowmelt and the rivers were raging, we even saw a bear. On our way home we stopped at our most favorite BBQ place...Todd's, for dinner, fueled up the truck and then stopped at the grocery store for fruits and vegees so we don't starve the next few days. Another long but exciting day.

No comments: