Friday, June 11, 2010

More of Yosemite 6-11

Here is a perfectly beautiful rock...sitting there century after century minding its own business...it towers over the Yosemite Valley. El Capitan. If we didn't notice all the people parked along the roadway looking up and have a camera with some telephoto capabilities we never would have seen these moving specks that turned out to be crazy people. I am obviously not a rock/mountain climber...if it's there I can just enjoy it from afar!












Today was another quiet day. Can't believe we have been here a week already....flew by. We started with our walk up and down the hills. I had business to take care of on the computer and Larry had a book to read out on the patio. I made a lovely pot of pinto beans in the crockpot...yummy.
Early afternoon we headed up the hill to Coarsegold to get our mail and then to Oakhurst to get some great BBQ for lunch...we split the special...BBQ chicken, ribs, hush puppies and fries, wonderfully good and messy. Then it was to the supermarket for groceries. We had a spot of rain this afternoon...enough to mess up the dust on our windows and on the truck. Another exciting day. I like my view out the door from my chair and in the early evening I enjoy watching the animals and birds parade across the patio. This evening it was a rabbit and a pair of quail.
Highway 41 was a constant roar all day with so many people heading to Yosemite for the weekend....the only annoyance we have with our current location...the views and setting compensate a lot though






















No comments: