Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Reflecting 6-15




If we don't take the time to stop and turn around once in awhile how will we see what we might be running from or dragging along behind us. Without pausing how will we know if it is time to drop the baggage or do we choose to keep dragging it along with us?
Always running towards a destination might get you there quickly but what have you missed along the way?
These six years on the road I will forever be grateful for. Larry and I were able to fulfill our teenage dream of seeing the country together and we were brave enough to do it now...not waiting for the other enough's: enough time, enough money, enough retirement. We have learned about patience, learned to enjoy the pauses and learned to look back occasionally.
In spite of dropping the material baggage to live lightly I have discovered how heavy the emotional baggage is. I have learned that whatever the issue...it will always be a part of who I am, but instead of it being a boulder the size of a bus, with some time and attention they can become grains of sand in the bottom of my pocket.
We are loving our journey!!!

1 comment:

Susie said...

I admire you both so much for living your dream and then sharing it so beautifully through your pictures and words. It is like I am seeing the country without even leaving home :-)<3