Thursday, January 01, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 1-1-09

Happy 2009! Larry and I saw the new year in like we have for the last couple of decades (I'm astounded that I can now speak of my life in term of decades)...we slept it in!

Today started out cold but was warm enough for us not to wear our light jackets later.

I started my day as I have for the last two days, with my 20 minute Jillian Micheal's 30 day Shred DVD workout. I've been doing it since July, but only every other day and for December maybe only once or twice a week. It was cookie, pie and fudge month after all!

On Tuesday I had decided to get more serious about my workouts so I could shed my cookie-fat, so on Wednesday even though I was sore from Tuesday's workout I pushed through and low and behold as I warmed up, my muscles quit hurting so bad and by the end of my workout I felt pretty good. Today was a little more difficult because my muscles were feeling fatigued during the weight lifting portion, so I just did less, but kept on pushing through and after I finished I felt great. The royal pisser is that all this cardio, strength training and abs work...works! My body may not look different, but I feel better in my body.

I really like this program because it is only 20 minutes...who can't give themselves 20 minutes to get in shape? It is the best, well rounded doable workout I have done, even though I am panting and sweating before I even get through the warm-up! Because I knew how wimpy I had gotten I started the weight portion using one pound cans of beans for my weights. Just going through the motions was tiring in the beginning, but after about a week I moved up to 2 pound weights and for the last few months I have been using 3 pounds. The DVD has three levels and I have made it up to the third level, but I haven't done it lately...had to get back to that level. I go back and forth between level 1 and 2...I don't want to hurt anything and I want to build up and not burn out. I can do this workout in the trailer too, but I wonder how it sounds to anyone going by when I am jumping up and down doing jumping jacks and butt kicks! When I feel like I am going to die, I just keep thinking, only 20 minutes, only 20 minutes...I can do it!

Today we needed to get some groceries before we hit the road tomorrow, so we ended up at Super Walmart. Well, do we like to live on the edge of excitement or what?! Shopping at Walmart on the FIRST, when everyone has gotten their checks...the place was packed and people's baskets were overflowing with their months groceries!!! All the checkouts were open and were full...but being wild and crazy people we just pressed on and did our shopping too!!! It was very entertaining and required patience. We first got in a line where the checker did more talking and waving around of her arms then she did of actual work, so we changed lines...we might still be there otherwise!!!!

After we got back, I did a load of laundry and then cut Larry's hair. I've been doing it almost three years now and have finally gotten it down pretty good. It took me awhile to figure out what works the best and not be afraid of chunking out his hair or leaving him looking like the moths had gotten to him!

Larry got all the jacks and stands off the trailer and put away, the tanks drained, hoses put away and the truck hooked up to the trailer. We plan on getting up and getting on the road and not lollygagging. We'll have our breakfast along the way somewhere! We'll gain an hour timewise when we cross into Arizona, but we won't really gain anymore daylight!

Larry's Uncle Robert and Aunt Annie came by to see us before we leave and we had another nice visit. We wish we had more time to visit them and wish we hadn't waited so long to get to know them! They are great people and we have a lot in common...besides being family.

I also talked to all my Goddess friends the last couple of days, which is a great way to start the new year! I miss them all.

I have been challenged by Uncle Gene...he was whining again about how he can't stand it when I don't blog...he likes to start his day with his coffee and reading my blog. Which is very flattering, but I told him I don't see how scintillating it would be to read about a day of just doing mundane chores or reading about us not doing much of anything. But he whined some more that I should post SOMETHING...a hello, have a great day, anything, so I am going to try to post every day...you have been warned....who know's what I'll have to come up with!!!! Just so you know in advance...the really boring or nothing much posts will be Uncle's fault....Big Laugh!

No comments: