Sunday, January 11, 2009

A paradisical day! 1-11-09

Today's low was 51 and the high was 74...the wind came up for a bit in the afternoon but settled down to a gentle breeze.

Not much happening today. Larry just took it easy. We took a couple laps around the park first thing and that was as energetic as it got for us.

I discovered Michael's was having a 70% off sale on some of their more exotic yarns...I tried to resist...but COME ON...70% off!!! So off I went and I came out of there with two large bags of yarn and THEN thought...crap, I've forgotten where I am currently living...where am I going to put all this yarn...hmmm, if we get rid of the food and Larry's clothes....tee hee!

It was a nice drive down and back...there aren't nearly the people down here this year. No bumper to bumper and crazy people trying to zig and zag...I cruised down at the speed limit, had no problems in the parking lots, I even ran into the Albertson's right next door and that place was practically a tomb. We are actually staying out here in the Foothills east of Yuma and it is about 10 miles give or take to the stuff in Yuma proper.

We had our dinner around three and then took a little stroll in the warm sunshine and stopped and visited with some friends for a bit and then back home. We sat on the patio out in the sun, Larry reading and me knitting on my current scarf. It is the first time for me to really sit out there without the wind sandblasting us.

So all in all, another lovely day in paradise.

No comments: