Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good-bye 2008 12-31-08

Last night was spent getting my email address changed on all those places that I like to get notices and updates from...what a process. It wouldn't be so bad if every place had the same system for changes, but they don't. Some are like trying to enter Fort Knox to find where you go to for changes and some just tell you to cancel and then re-sign up. Some are wonderful with an obvious place you click to change your email address...what a novel idea!

I finished the scarf I was making and it turned out flashy and fun, it is the first picture.

Today Larry got one of our propane bottles
filled and made arrangements with the office to get our electric meter read so we can leave early on Friday morning...tomorrow being a holiday no one will be in the office.

We spent much of today plinking along on the computer, still updating and answering the responses I received
from people. Larry was still figuring out all the different aspects of the way he likes our email to be configured...nothing can be simple with us. Then he loaded Mozilla Firefox on both computers and we are liking that. We heard a lot of really great things about it and it is supposed to have more security features on it than Microsofts Internet Explorer...Larry isn't a big fan of Microsoft products.

We heard an ad on the radio for a local restaurants angus hamburgers and we were getting hungry so off we went. Larry loves a good hamburger and he hadn't had one in several months. I had their beer battered fish and chips...very good.

Now I am doing my last load of laundry for the year and my last posting here on my blog for the year...I never even thought about all that until a lady in the laundry room asked
me if I was done with laundry for the year...ha ha.

Here are a couple pictures of Ian who turned six on Monday...now that his Mother FINALLY emailed me a
few pictures.....LOL, that dig was for her...I'll
hear about it.







The last pictures are of the projects I knit for holiday gifts and now that everyone has received them I can
share. That is a large afghan on the floor not a rug...I had it laid out there to block.


Good-bye 2008! It was an interesting year.

No comments: