Sunday, January 04, 2009

Our first night in Yuma 1-3-09

We had a very peaceful first night. I only heard the train once around 4:30 a.m., but that was only because I was awake.

We had a 10 a.m. coffee appointment, so I had to hurry as we didn’t drag our carcasses out of bed until almost 8:30. Yesterday being a day off from my workout didn’t help any. I wasn’t sore this morning, but I did find that the humidity was dragging me down. We had forgotten that it is humid down here in the winter. But I forged on and we didn't miss anything.

We had coffee with our friends from Alberta, Canada and sat in the sun and baked. After a couple of hours we came back and had intended to go out exploring, but that didn’t happen. We didn’t really want to get back in the truck after being in it all day yesterday and we haven’t acclimated to the sun yet…oh, poor us…boo hoo, too much sun on day 3 of January….tee hee. The sun kicked our butts, we just felt like sleeping the rest of the day away! We resisted, but it was hard. As it was, after noon it clouded up and the sun was gone for the rest of the day so it was easier to get away with lazing around inside.

I dug through my bag of fun yarns and knit up a scarf for a quick gift, it took me about 40 minutes to whip out. Yet again I had started and had about twelve inches knitted up when I didn’t like one of the yarns (I use four strands and huge knitting needles), so I ripped it out and found another yarn and got it done up in no time.

After dinner we took a little walk around the park and took in all the changes in the park in the three years since we were last here. Around seven we headed over to one of our friends and four couples of us headed over to where one couple had moved to this season….I was going to say escaped, but I shouldn’t really speak for them….laugh! It was a little celebration for Linda’s 60th birthday…she doesn’t look a day over 50 and she is so funny and quick-witted! We all had a good time and enjoyed the ice cream cake and coffee. We always enjoy visiting with all of them and learning about their country and their lifestyles versus ours.

From the top the first couple is Don & Linda, the second is Neil and Mavis and the last but not least is Dave & Nancy. I realized as I downloaded the camera that I forgot to get Stan and Maxine’s picture…Stan had left to get something they had forgotten and after he returned I forgot to get their picture….I’ll get them the next time we see them!

No comments: