Monday, January 19, 2009

Lots of water 1-19-09

Today's low was 61! Very nice...those clouds must have held in the heat. Our high was 78, but it was pretty breezy here. Our little corner of the park seems windier than other parts.


I woke this morning with an infection that requires drinking lots of water and cranberry juice (don't want to gross out our Uncle's with too much info..LOL). It hit fast and changed our plans for the day...we had been planning on going up to Quartzite, but I had to stay at home.


Larry took his walk and I decided to go ahead and do my workout in spite of my "problem". I chose to do the hardest level figuring it would keep me focused more on my workout and not the other battle going on....it worked. We both learned a long time ago that the body heals itself through movement...I was taught that and we have experienced it ourselves over the years.


Larry was busy working on the radios for the comm-trailer and rearranging things and I was busy drinking lots of fluids and wandering around...I couldn't focus on any one thing until later in the day when I started feeling a little better.


Last night Mavis had come by to invite us over to supper with them tonight. Larry went over a couple of times to cancel because I was feeling poorly and they were gone for the day, but as it got later and I was feeling a bit improved we went on over there as planned. We had a wonderful dinner. Mavis showed me her pictures that she had taken of Chihuly's glass show at the Botanical Gardens in Phoenix. Really unusual and stunning to see those massive art glass pieces in and amongst the cactus and desert landscapes. The night time show was really something to see too.


I finished a second scarf of Alpaca blend and wool yarns in brown tones. Alpaca yarn has some really long fibers so the finished product is a little furry looking. Baby Alpaca yarn is softer and doesn't have those coarse fibers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is there a scarf shortage? LOL LOL LMAO i love you.