Friday, July 16, 2010

More driving 7-16

I'm pooped so just a quicky and no pictures! We had an appointment in Rocklin this morning, and then met a friend in Auburn, so on the road by 0700 and to give Larry a break I did most of the driving. So back down the 70 canyon. I have snapped pictures while being behind the wheel, but driving on mountain roads for the first time in awhile I didn't want to give Lar a heart attack...tee hee.

After Auburn we came home by way of Truckee, over Donner Summit...stunning scenery and through the Sierra Valley, stunning high mountain meadows, forests and grazing hamburgers. Larry even "rested" his eyes a bit on the way home. So over three hundred miles again today...we are driving fools what can we say! It was HOT, mid 100's and from standing around out in the heat I have puffy paws so off to bed for me where I can be horizontal for awhile!

No comments: