Friday, July 23, 2010

Hot in Cool! 7-23

We had a nice drive to Cool today, we came via 89 and Truckee. There was a meadow that was chock full of wildflowers and I was so busy gazing at the beauty I forgot to take a picture. I also saw some cranes way out in the middle of a meadow.

We were making really good time until we hit the road construction just west of Truckee....took about 40 minutes out of our day, creeping along or stopped completely.

Cool was HOT today...we saw 103 and it made getting the trailer leveled up and settled behind the house tedious for Larry. I was in the drivers seat with the a/c blowing on me while I shifted between D and R a few dozen times.

The cleaners came this evening to do the windows while the sun wasn't on the house....just getting all the spiderwebs down and the windows shiny makes the outside of the house look sooo much better. They'll be back tomorrow to do the entire inside. It is a big job and we just didn't want to tackle it...we will be busy enough with patching, priming and painting...pulling up nasty flooring and shopping. I find it hard to believe we are doing this again so soon after the Fallon house and everything here is bigger.

It has been a long day...the first of many to come....wahoo!!!

No comments: