Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A "Cool" Dragonfly 7-27


This guy sat on the fence as I came out of the trailer and let me know he was aware of me by moving a tetch away. I haven't really studied a dragonfly at eye level before, but he was enthralling. Isn't it the most beautiful goldy orange color? It kept moving its head like it was saying come on over...come closer and then its mouth was moving like it was talking away....but I don't seem to be able to speak dragonfly. Like the hummingbird last summer this little creature let me touch its wings with nary a flinch. As I moved away it lifted off and moved down the fence a few feet, facing me stll, doing its head in the come here movement again....maybe it has seen the old show Lassie, but I had work to do and couldn't follow a dragonfly today. It sat out there for quite a while. I love my little communes with nature! In the second picture it looks like it is smiling!

Today while I consulted with flooring people here at the house and the dragonfly Larry was off to the dump with the loaded up utility trailer with lots of misc. junk from around the property that needed to go. We managed to pry a large bathroom mirror off of the wall....they had used narrow double sided tape...boy that stuff is strong...we didn't damage the drywall, though the mirror did break...we had it all criss crossed with duct tape so we didn't make a huge mess.




A beautiful day in the country. In the last picture, on the fence wire you can see the shadow of the dragonfly's wings...I love that I was able to get such great pics!

No comments: