Friday, March 27, 2009

Windy & Shrinking Group 3-27

The wind rocked and rolled us for a few hours last night and then it just settled down to windy! It was cooler today and breezy for much of it, but calmed down just before sunset; the high was 76 and the low was 59.

Larry did his stretches and calisthenics and then did a couple of laps in the wind. I broke out my DVD of Denise Austen’s Personal Training System and did the complete workout…a nice difference from my Shred…it is longer when I do all the segments, but the whole body gets worked and it breaks up my routine. My current theme…is changing the routine.

We went over for coffee, we are only eight now…just a teeny group and then all went off doing our things. Neil and Mavis are heading out tomorrow so were getting stuff cleaned out and put away. Larry borrowed their compressor and aired up all of our truck and trailer tires and blew out our laptop computers and our vacuum filter. Then we went to Walmart and then to the Market Place to do some shopping and then back home.

Clay stopped by to return something to Larry and caught us napping in our recliners, it was a rough day, what can I say…I just hope we weren’t snoring or drooling! Later we wandered over to say ‘bye to Neil and Mavis, some leave early and we weren’t sure if we would catch them in the morning.

The pictures above are of a barrel cactus and I forgot to put these pictures of the whole silvery Ocotillo in the blog the other day so you could see its entire prickly self. Not a plant you would want to grab hold of!

No comments: