Saturday, December 11, 2010

Beautiful Fall Day 12-11

The sun was out today and for us compared to where we've been in past Decembers it was warm.  We saw 67 at some point today.  After having a leisurely breakfast and discussing a book we had both finished reading we decided to go for a drive.

This was the brightest green moss!
There was a holiday crafts fair at the Bayley House almost to Pilot Hill from here in Cool, so we stopped there and perused the lovely wares for sale.  Lots of beautiful jewelry...a few pieces I was tempted by, but I don't need it so I resisted.  We continued onto Coloma to see what they had going on there today...they had people in period dress and another arts fair, but as I wasn't in a buying mood we turned around and headed back.

We turned down the road to Lotus and stopped by the American River and took a walk and sat on some rocks and soaked up the sun and enjoyed listening to the rapids.  It was amazingly warm.  As we were heading back to the truck a group of kayakers was coming ashore and Santa was with them enjoying the nice weather.

From the river we headed to Garden Valley for lunch at Shoestrings...they are a little hamburger joint that has been there since 1959.  Larry is always willing to try out a new hamburger place.  We sat outside to eat our meal.  We chatted with an old WWII veteran for awhile and then with a young boy who was practicing his mountain biking techniques, people were very chatty and friendly today and the food was good too.

We headed back home and it was still so lovely outside we just grabbed our books and sat out on the deck in the last sun of the day.  Once it went behind the trees it was time to go back inside for me...

The sunset was stunning....I couldn't get my photos to do the bright hot orange justice, but some of the pictures look like wonderful art...the colors were incredible.

Later I was messing around and shot a couple pictures of my new haircut.  In deciding what I like and don't like with my new stylist I forgot about bangs...I love how they look...sassy/sexy and all the styles had them.  But living behind the style I feel like an unkempt english sheepdog...I am constantly tempted to brush them away and that doesn't work with the style but I am trying to give them a chance.  We'll see how long they last, I tend to keep my bangs shorter than most stylists want to cut them...maybe it is a hold over from the childhood haircuts that my mother gave me...straight across, too short bangs.

 









Shaggy

The new hair-do is looking a little tired.

No comments: