Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lots of pictures today 12-29-10


bathing buddies
It was a wild and very wet night.  By this morning it was still cloudy but the wind and rain had stopped.  Overnight we had gotten 2.25 inches of rain.  Water was standing everywhere and the birds were taking baths in the puddles and the robins were pulling up worms right and left.  Birds were everywhere again this morning.  I was able to get a pretty good shot of a flicker...they are large beautiful birds but those beaks of theirs are brutal.  They can make huge obnoxious holes in buildings.










I set up my massage table for the first time here to work on Larry's neck and shoulders.  The table makes massage so very much easier and I have missed being able to use it...it was too big to take on the road with us.

flickers are very pretty large birds



The sun came out for awhile and I gave myself a headache taking pictures today.  The sun was shining through the bathroom window on some of my crackle glass and a blown glass heart and I spent awhile taking pictures...I don't know if it was the closeup work or the bright light but my viewfinder eye was tired.


Over the course of the day there were several cloud bursts of rain, hail and gusty winds.  The deer didn't seem bothered by any of it and spent quite a lot of time in the yard today and we spent a lot of time watching them.  Larry worked out in the shed getting ready to add a wall out there and I walked around outside taking more pictures.  Our little stream was full and our meadow is a marsh.  So the rest of my day I edited pictures.  A nasty north wind blew all afternoon and evening and after the sun set the temp really started dropping.

 





The east corner of our place...so serene


from our living room


No comments: