Sunday, December 19, 2010

Rain, rain, rain 12-19

As of this morning we had gotten 4.5 inches of rain since Friday morning.  The wind was still gusting hard today too.  This afternoon we even had thunder, lightning and hail.  I always imagined wildlife seeking shelter when horrible weather hit, but these crazy deer just stand there getting pounded by the rain and hail and just lay down out in the open taking their naps.

I finished my painting today...not a bad carnation if I do say so myself.....ha ha ha.  I am amazed that it actually resembles the poinsettia!


I forgot to mention I poached eggs for the first time a few days ago and all I can say is EW.  Wrangling the egg whites was impossible without one of those fancy egg poacher pans and I see why you have them ON toast...you need something to soak up all that runnyness....EW.  I will stick to scrambled from now on...unless I get a pan and then I will certainly cook them longer than the recommended time.

I didn't get around to pulling out the best pics from the 90 or so I took yesterday of the family...maybe tomorrow.

No comments: