Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Pretty boy 12-1

Happy December!  Hard to believe another year is almost gone.  This time last year we were in Tularosa, New Mexico...freezing our hineys off and seeing snow where they usually never get it...that has happened to us quite a bit the last 6 years.

Now we have a home in the foothills of the Northern Sierra's enjoying our wildlife neighbors.  This 5 pointer and doe were outside our family room window yesterday afternoon having a coffeeberry snack.  I ran for the camera and slowly slid the sliding door open and got quite a few pictures thinking he would run off, but he had settled in for his meal.  I got these photos through the window where I could be closer.

Today Larry finished getting our deerproof garden area fenced and I put primer on the 5 posts of the porch roof supports.  It was hot on the deck in the sun for most of the day today...VERY nice.  I made a killer batch of white beans and ham in the crock pot with our Thanksgiving spiral cut ham bone for dinner today...so very tasty and different, I put a sprig of rosemary from one of my plants in it...nothing like fresh herbs!  Yum.  I am having pie withdrawals though....I really don't want to fatten up for the winter.

 


Going up



No comments: