Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Funkified 12-7

These pictures are of my new baby that I found at Home Depot yesterday.  I was eating dinner today and noticed the hearts on some of the flowers so I have to keep it.  I was going to return it because I thought I was buying a plant that was on sale and after we got home I discovered we were charged full price and that was because they had a bunch of plants mixed in that weren't on sale.  I called and gave them what for...not that anyone probably cared.

It was a lovely sunny morning and even hit the low 60's today.  We jammed on down to Costco, it was busy but everyone was nice and there were plenty of checkstands open, we stopped at the library on the way home to pick up a book that I had requested and home again.

I finished decorating the tree, it is pretty but I'm not loving it.  The lights are so freaking bright that it is almost blinding to look at...I am just not a fan of white lights, I love the warmer feeling multi-colored lights and with the lights so bright you can't really see the ornaments.  I miss my funky M&M characters lights and my eclectic ornament collection that I divided up between the girls...I kept a few old pieces but it looks like a tree I would see in a department store...no tinsel.  I think it put me in a mood, so I'm hoping tomorrow or the next day I'll feel better about it.  Maybe I'll wander to old town and find a couple of unusual ornaments to put on it.

I feel like I had more to chat about, but I'm done for now.  Rain coming tomorrow.


No comments: