Monday, December 27, 2010

Pruning 12-27

I am basically uninspired in the word department today.  All I can come up with is a list of what we did today.  Watched the deer rip up the bushes and then lay around for their naps.  We had company for a couple of hours.  I pruned the fruit trees as far as I could reach...the ground is too soft for the ladder...hmmm, but it would be softer to fall on, nah I'll wait. 

I did notice a few little green leaves and the buds swelling...wow.  Living in frozen winter land since 1989 this foothill living is going to be fun to learn the cycles of growth.  I also noticed some of my daffodils poking through the ground...seems weirdly early to me.  We did decide to keep the gates closed on the garden area now and keep the deer out...we don't want them nibbling on the new shoots or have the bucks ripping off the branches to scratch their heads.

Back to my list...Larry put some gopher "bait" in a few of the multiple land mines that have popped up in the garden the last couple of days and I dismantled the Christmas tree and Christmas is put away for another eleven months.  Well I undecorated and Larry broke apart the tree and returned it to its box.  Beats getting every last piece of tinsel off a dry dead tree and vacumming up needles for the next month!  So thats pretty much it.  I love that it is already later before I close the drapes in the evening...YAY!

Colder and we saw a teeny tiny bit of sun today.  We got about a quarter inch of rain last night. 

Oh, Diane, thank you so much for the email and the kind words!  I love hearing from the people who find and enjoy my blog!

Those of you who get this via email:  for some reason all the contacts were dropped, we didn't get this one last night as we normally would, so I reset it this morning.  For my faithful followers I have a few openings for that option so if you would like to receive my entry in your email when I post drop me an email and let me know.  It isn't as pretty as seeing it on the blog, but you can always go over there and look at it.

No comments: