Thursday, October 21, 2010

My New Creative Tool! 10-21

I am having a blast with my new camera.  I started using it yesterday and love it, love it, love it!  I still have tons to learn about it, not as easy to use as my current camera and much more complicated than my previous SLR's but I am already getting the results I want.  It is a Nikon D5000....I was going to get the Canon Rebel T1s but after handling them I just liked the feel of the Nikon.  The Canon was lighter but felt too plasticy and Larry had read that you don't want to ever drop the Canon.  The man in the camera store told me that Canon's product is superior, but it still comes down to likes and dislikes.  The display on the back of my Nikon is smaller than the Canon's, but it didn't seem as busy to read and the Nikon's spins around and you can close it so it won't get scratched and rotate it when shooting video if need be...not that I anticipate using it all that much for that.  The Nikon doesn't focus quickly using the back monitor view, so I won't be hanging it out windows and looking at the monitor on the back to take the picture.




CLOSE-UP of praying mantis...look at those sharp thingys on its "legs".




This hummer was chattering away way above my head in the oak tree!
























I have been wandering all over the place taking pictures...I can get a wider angled view so I am able to get better pictures of our home and the pictures are just so so much better.  My creative juices are flowing...photography for me is what writing, drawing or painting might be to someone else.  I see the light fall a certain way on something and I have to grab the camera....going into winter the days will be short and dark, but come spring...watch out....I'll flood you all with pictures of flowers!

Today that is what I did most of the day...take pictures, download the card to the computer and then look at them and edit....then working on getting them posted.  Larry got the camera out of my hands long enough to get his hair cut...we had to find a sheltered spot out of the wind...it was pretty breezy most of the day, but it blew out the smoky haze that was hanging about yesterday.

All of today's pictures are with the new camera....it came with two lenses: a 18mm-55mm and 55mm-200mm, enough to get me started!  These are my favorites...later I'll post some of the house, inside and out.

No comments: