Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Crystal clear 10-26

Sunny clear day today.  I went to the store and the air was so bright and clear...all the particulates that have been floating around in the air were all washed away and it was like looking through a window that had been covered in dirt that was now clean.  So very fresh.  As we came home through the state from Oregon last week the last of the harvest was in full swing, farmers were plowing and clouds of dirt hung in the air and climbed to great heights, and with smoke and just general pollution it was very hazy.  It was breezy and not overly warm unless you were out in the sun. 


Larry burned again today...along one edge of our property the phone company had cut the trees and brush and had just left it and I guess the previous owner didn't care, but it looked trashy with all those piles of dead limbs.  It looks very nice now and we have another pile of ash...a nice little pile is all that is left of enormous piles of limbs and leaves.  These pictures are from yesterdays burning.




Two piles of ash












This bird was enjoying taking a bath in one of my birdbaths yesterday...after all that rain it felt the need to drench itself...it was sodden by the time it was finished...it bathed about 5 minutes and I got these pictures through the window.



























I am amazed that so many people have never seen a hummingbird at rest so I thought I would share these pictures....they are very hard to spot, but with the telephoto lense and the fact that I was standing right underneath the bird I was able to get these lovely shots.
The arrow is pointing to the hummingbird...the picture should get bigger if you click on it and you should be able to see it.






No comments: