Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A five pointer 11-30

This morning Larry and I were just talking in the living room after having our breakfast when I noticed this big rack moving down the hill into our front yard.  He was on a mission to get across the street but our fence was in the way...there was a doe across the street and all he was doing was focusing there instead of figuring out how to get around the fence.  Then he became more agitated and I noticed the other buck that I had posted on here a few days ago looking this way.  The 5 pointer eventually made it back around the fence and across the street and I thought we might see a deer rumble, but the younger buck gave his elder a wide berth and took off in the other direction.  Later in the day I saw 5'er again and I'll share those pictures tomorrow.

Giving the buck across the street the stink eye.



Larry told me I have a lot of deer pictures and I imagine this is only the beginning of LOTS of pictures of every kind of bird, animal and reptile I see...you just never know when you are going to get THE greatest picture ever!  I delete a ton of them, but not knowing what I might want to do with them in the future I keep lots.  Yay for digital!

Larry pruned the bottom branches off one of the Chinese Pistache trees that was in the way of putting up the deer fence around the garden area.  We have been waiting for them to go dormant.  I helped Larry get the giant roll of fencing where he wanted it and we got it up and started and then I left Larry to it.  It had gotten really cold and there wasn't really anything I could do to help.

They both seemed stuck.

Here is where they met on the corner and the younger one moved away.




The loser moving away and you can see our roll of fencing that Larry put back up today.
It was a nice relaxing day.

No comments: