Saturday, October 07, 2006

Update 10-7

This is just a short entry for now. We were gone all day yesterday and I have a lot to tell.
It might take me awhile to get all my facts together so I just wanted to throw out these discoveries.

I now know what this red flower all over the south is. My Uncle Marty told me that the common name for them was “naked ladies” which gave us a starting point to find out more about them. Larry did a search last night on the internet and they are really Spider Lilies and are of the Amaryllis family. They grow wild all over down here and bloom in the fall. They are such a bright, eye catching red and they don’t get leaves until after the blooms pass on. They are bulbs.

After thinking about how much territory we had covered in just the last month I decided to figure out how far we had come since leaving Yuma on March 15th. We have covered 7,300 miles from rv park to rv park all across the country. Counting in all our sightseeing Larry has driven us a staggering 11,575 miles across 19 states and 9 of those in the last month! Wow.

We had decided to step it up a bit after leaving my sister Lori’s in Ohio and head back to the west coast because we miss the kids. Awwww, I know, but what can you do. Those boys are pulling really hard on our strings! So instead of wintering in Florida we are planning on wintering in, of all places, Chimacum, WA. We are planning on Michelle cooking us Thanksgiving dinner and Andrea cooking us Christmas dinner. So seeing as we had made it so far, we had to get to the east coast and swoop around the east and south a bit on our way back west. We plan on coming back out here, but who knows what’s up ahead, so we are seeing what we can while we are over here.

No comments: