Saturday, August 16, 2008

Acclimation day 8-16-08

Today was acclimation day. Larry went to the airport to get the lay of the land. I worked on typing my fingers to the bone. The smoke never really lifted today and the sun never had a chance to shine, it didn't get as hot...only 95, but warm enough. Highway 299 was closed all day today and hasn't been opened yet. We are right on the highway and I thought it had been unusually quiet...it was closed at Big Bar which is west of here due to the fires.

We heard a helicopter go low over us late in the day, which is unusual...Larry found out later it was because the choppers visibility was so poor he couldn't find the airport and had to follow a ridge to the river until he came to Weaverville to follow highway 3 to the airport...scary.

Other than that, no news from me today. Between transcribing, reading and contemplating my universe, not much excitement. I must say that still, Life is Greatly Stupendous!

No comments: